Ndutu is the perfect base for seeing the drama of the migration and all that is involved with it. There is also a lot of resident game in the Ndutu area. Elephant, lion, cheetah, leopard, buck, hyena, bat eared fox, African wildcat and more are here all year round. The woodland provides a wonderful habitat for lots of different bird species and the rare striped hyena is regularly spotted.
For those who love Africa when it is dry and the colours are golden, Ndutu is also a wonderful place in the dry season.
Expect to see and do:
- Best place for viewing the Great Migration on the vast short grass plains of the Serengeti.
- Stay at Ndutu Lodge — the most atmospheric and friendly lodge in Tanzania.
- You can see all 6 species of cat in the Ndutu area — Lion, Leopard, Cheetah, Serval, Caracal and African Wild Cat.
- Stunning Acacia woodland.
- Year round spring fed marshes which provide for a huge amount of resident animals and wetland bird life.
- The most approachable Elephants in the Serengeti.
Facts at a glance
- The plains around Ndutu average 1650m (5,445 feet) above sea level which make for warm dry days and cool evenings.
- Ndutu safari lodge is the only lodge in the middle of the Serengeti short grass plains
- Andrew has guided in Tanzania for over 15 years.
- Spirulina, a blue-green algae with red pigments, passes its pigments along to the Lesser Flamingos that feed on the algae.
Ndutu Lodge is perfectly placed for the best game viewing in the Serengeti
Drinks under the stars at Ndutu